UK The mum and daughter living with more than 70 cats

SirMeow

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 25, 2021
Here are two totally genuine ladies who run a cat rescue in Wales and currently have more than 70 cats in their care. There's a nice video of them and the big efforts they go through to look after these cats.

Unfortunately, the BBC have done the usual thing and (intentionally?) neglected to name their charity, so it's not possible for me and others to support them with donations using the info from this article. I've tried Googling it, but have come up empty, so if someone could please identify their charity and post their website or social media page here, I'd be very grateful.

Can you imagine living with more than 70 cats?

That is reality for Karen Smy and her daughter Lauren Sheldrick from mid Wales, who run a small-scale rescue and are "passionate" about the animals.
They say having so many cats helps their mental health and is an all-consuming way of life.
But demand for cats to be rehomed has become "overwhelming" and the sheer number of cats can be "a living hell" which many people do not understand.

Personally, I'd be happy with having so many cats around me all the time. The looking after however, would be another matter...